Stonybrook Middle School is excited to welcome our students back to school this fall! Please click on the document below to review our plan for a safe return for all students. If you have questions about your child’s return to school that are not answered in the plan, please feel free to contact Mrs Rebizant (Principal, email@example.com) or Mr. Neufeld (Vice Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Parents, take note that the information contained in the Alternating Days Calendar is subject to evolving Public Health Orders. This page will continue to be updated to reflect current circumstances.
Update for Nov. 21 -Important! –
Effective Tuesday November 24, all Hanover Schools are at Response Level Red (Critical).
- Click here to read important information from HSD Superintendent, Shelley Amos.
- Click here to review the provincial document “Guidance for Critical (Red) Response Level For Manitoba Schools.”
- Attention all families: if your child does not have access to the technology needed to participate in remote learning, SMS will again be able to provide a Chromebook for your child to use, as in the spring. Please understand that we have a limited number of devices to provide.
- Further communication will be provided in the next day in regards to:
- how to pick up a Chromebook
- how to pick up your child’s belongings
- On Monday, teachers will send emailed information to all families about scheduled online learning times
- Families, please be aware that teachers will continue to teach online for all students, effective Tuesday Nov 24. All students are expected to participate in a minimum of 90 minutes of synchronous (online face to face) teaching and learning, and can expect approximately 3 hours of independent work.
- emphasis will be placed on ELA and Math learning, with Science and Social Studies integrated
- More information will be posted as it becomes available
- Parents, are you wondering how to improve your child’s Remote Learning experience at home? Check out this informative brochure for some helpful suggestions about how to structure your child’s home learning environment, and who to contact for support with Chromebooks. There are also some good reminders and strategies that will assist your child in getting the most from online learning. Click here to access the brochure.
Click on the following link to go to the Hanover School Division website, where you will find up to date information on all divisional and provincial policies related to COVID-19 and schools. Click here!
More resources will be posted here as the year progresses.